Monday, March 5, 2012

Social Media's Effect on the Future

The youth in our country are obviously loving Facebook as well as all the other social media available, but the question is will our actions taken when we are a teenager affect us down the road. There are always news stories about how someone either didn't get into a college or get a job because of content posted on Facebook. This content can range from inappropriate pictures to racist or tasteless status's. A football player who went to high school by me just recently lost multiple Division 1 scholarships for football due to some of the things he tweeted. I don't think anyone can argue that social media is not a fun and entertaining activity to participate in, but these days with every action made seeming to be public information if needed teenagers have to rethink about what they post before they do. I am not saying that I am above anyone who has a completely flawless Facebook. Although as I get older I realize how harmful social media can be to your future. I don' believe anyone can say that social media is a good or bad thing yet, we will have to wait a couple years to see if it is doing more harm than good.

No comments:

Post a Comment